hug!

hug!

Saturday, June 23, 2012

Father’s Day

The kids and I had a wonderful time celebrating Steve on Father’s Day.  I found a few cute ideas for father’s day gifts on Pinterest and decided to give them a try.  Let me just say that the crafty lady who did our first DIY project made it sound like it would take 2-3 hours…it took me (with the help of our wonderful nanny Lisa) a week to finish it!!   We had to stain the wood, paint it, and get the kids handprints on scrapbook paper before sealing it (I thought I was going to lose my mind in the process, but it turned out to be very cute).

DIY project #1:

handprints final

The kids presented it to Steve and he loved it!

IMG_2156

We had a “photo shoot” for a DAD frame – Ty and MJ actually smiled for the camera and held the letters up perfectly (after about 50 tries)!  Catelin snoozed in her chair for the picture.

DAD frame final

IMG_2158

MJ DCatelin A redoTy D redo



MJ made daddy a special tie at summer camp and Steve wore it the whole morning (MJ was so proud).

IMG_2154

The kids even made daddy a photo card:

IMG_2161

We spent the rest of this special day hanging out by the pool and enjoying family time. 


We were able to celebrate our amazing fathers earlier in the week – we had dinner with John before he left for Colorado and spent all day Saturday with my family while Ann was in town.

IMG_2151

2 comments:

  1. Awww, you did awesome with the Pinterest gifts! I'm so impressed, especially since you JUST added a THIRD child to the mix. And, I must say that you have the most precious little children. I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously, woman? Seriously? How cute is all of this! I love it all.Miss you tons.

    xo, KM

    ReplyDelete