hug!

hug!

Saturday, February 9, 2013

Lake Tahoe

Tahoe baby!
Tahoe!
 
When I opened my last present on Christmas day, it was a North Face jacket with a postcard of the Ritz Carlton Lake Tahoe inside.  On the back there was a sweet note from my husband saying we were going on a long weekend alone there in early February.  The babysitters were set up and everything was already taken care of…he even upgraded us to first class on the flight out there! 
 
We had an absolute blast getting away alone together.  The Ritz was gorgeous – every room had a fireplace and the level we were on had a lounge that served small meals throughout the day along with wine, beer and a dessert bar!  It was heaven.
 
steve roomsunrise
Our room and the view from the balcony at sunrise


The first day, we spent time at the hotel and took a gondola ride down to North Star village.  There were cute shops, restaurants, bars, and an ice skating rink.  We even got to watch a local snowboarding competition. 

gondola
On the gondola


The next morning, we drove down to the lake for breakfast and enjoyed some beautiful views.

walk by the lake

We went back to the hotel and relaxed by an outdoor fire before our spa treatments (which were awesome!) 

relaxing by fire (2)relaxing by fire (1)

And we even got to watch the Super Bowl while enjoying the sunset over the lake. 


Our last day was jam-packed with activities.  We drove to Squaw Valley around mid-morning to go dog sledding.  It was cool to see how well trained they are and how much they love to run! 

Squaw Valleyready to sled

dog sleddog sled 2

sledding

We then drove down to Emerald Bay- which they told us is the second most photographed destination in the continental U.S. (how do they know that anyway?!).  It certainly lived up to the hype.  The journey took us along the ridge line…as in we drove over the ridge of the mountain- 2 narrow lanes with no guardrail and steep drop-offs on either side.  It really was beautiful but I was too busy hyperventilating to take a picture!  haha

emerald baye bay 3 (1)

e bay 3 (2)
Emerald Bay


We drove back up to the north side of the lake to go on a two hour private snowmobiling tour.  It was incredible!!!  The views of the lake were spectacular.

sm- s (1)sm- s (2)

hubs on mountainmtn 1

view (1)top 1
I refused to wear the red and black snowsuit (even though I graduated from GT 10 years ago I still can’t wear those colors together) so I am wearing one that looks like I belong in a 1980’s workout video—Jane Fonda, here I come!

Thank you, my hubs for such an amazing weekend.  And a big thanks to my in-laws and Lisa for taking care of the kids while we were gone! 

IMG_1250
I was so happy to see these three little cuties as soon as I got home!!
 

1 comment: