hug!

hug!

Saturday, December 19, 2015

Santa is a Georgia Tech Fan!

I love taking the kids to see Santa every year.  This was our 5th year visiting the coveted Santa at Phipps- you know, the one you have to book 3 months in advance?!  I was hoping this would be "our year" since Jake is too young to be afraid of Santa and Catelin and the boys are old enough to willingly sit in his lap!  (Last year CL made us get in the picture with her!)


Steve had a last minute business trip that evening and there was no way for me to reschedule.  Thankfully, Ms. Lisa offered to come with us!   

The kids made there lists....









Then we waited patiently for our turn.



Catelin got right up in Santa's lap while MJ and Ty stood beside him.  The last step was putting Jake on his other knee... And - wait for it.... 


 


 VICTORY!!

The photographer got a picture of ALL four of them looking at the camera!  I couldn't believe it. 

After the pictures, Santa read their Christmas lists - he went through Jake, Ty and Catelin's, and then it was time for MJ's.  Apparently Santa is a fan of the red and black team (the one we don't talk about in our house).  So, when he got down to MJ's last request- a Georgia TECH football helmet - he started asking one too many questions...


 "Does this say Georgia football helmet?" asks Santa


 MJ replies (while pointing very clearly at his list), "NO!  It says Georgia TECH football helmet!"!!

 "You mean you don't like the Bulldogs?" asks Santa.
Then, he did something that made me throw up in my mouth and crushed my little kids...he actually BARKED!  "Whoof, whoof, whoof"...And this was the result:








Jake starts crying his eyes out, MJ puts his fingers in his ears so he can't hear him anymore, Ty turns away, Catelin jumps down, and I run to grab my screaming baby!!!  Santa was somewhat apologetic - but not enough to make my kids feel better.

I thought the kids were going to be heartbroken for the rest of Christmas season, and then MJ turns to me and says, "Mommy, just so you know, that's NOT the real Santa...the REAL Santa is a Georgia TECH fan!!!"
Me: "I couldn't agree more." 

Merry Christmas! 

No comments:

Post a Comment