hug!

hug!

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

…and Happy New Year!

Happy 2012! We spent New Year’s Eve day with Steve’s family. The Buccaneers were playing the Falcons the following day, so Andrew flew in late that afternoon. He was able to make a quick trip to our house before the team meeting that evening. It was great to see him – while we are so happy that he is playing for Tampa, we hate to miss him on Christmas every year. Andrew’s fiancee, Leah, also flew in for the weekend – the wedding is just 2.5 months away!

andrew leah and boys

Leah, Ty, Andrew, and MJ

james riding motorcycle

Cousin James wasn’t too crazy about the motorcycle!

That night, we had the Lorimer family over to ring in the new year. Both Melissa and I are pregnant (she is due any day now), and I was on call, so we decided to have a low key evening. MJ and Mia had a ball playing together and stayed up until 11:00!

mj mia

As hard as I tried, I could hardly keep my eyelids open past 11:30. I am going to blame it on the pregnancy, but as I get older I realize that I need a lot of caffeine to stay up later than that! haha :)

On New Year’s Day, we went to the Bucs vs. Falcons game to watch Uncle Andrew in action. Ty is very busy these days, so we had Lisa babysit while we took MJ to the game. We had front row seats just behind the Buccaneers’ bench, and MJ loved every minute. I am not going to mention the score of the game, but let’s just say the Falcons set a team record for number of points scored in the first half – OUCH.

MJ gameMJ doing the wave

When the game ended, Andrew came over and took MJ onto the field. He was so excited -- it was beyond precious. In the car on the way home, MJ told me how much he loves football and that he wants to be a football player when he grows up like his Godfather, Uncle Andrew. :)

Mj and Uncle Andrew

1 comment: