hug!

hug!

Sunday, September 8, 2013

Back to School for Ty!

IMG_3899
First day of M, W, F two year old class!
 
We had a meet and greet with Ty’s teachers the last week in August.  When the two of us pulled up to the school, I saw tears filling his eyes.  It made me so sad; I know he has really enjoyed hanging out with us this summer and going on all of our “adventures.”  But I am also excited for him to get back into the school routine, especially since he loved it so much last year.  He cried silently the first ten minutes and my heart was breaking.  When more of his school buddies filtered into the classroom, they all started playing together and his tears quickly turned into smiles.

I was worried about drop off on his first day this past week,  but I could tell that morning he was in good spirits as he goofed around while we took his first day pictures…

IMG_3909IMG_3904

IMG_3912

And tried to sneak some trains into his school bag…

IMG_3900

I walked him into the classroom where the teacher sang a song while they washed hands.  He looked a little apprehensive at first, so I sat down with him and rolled out some play-doh.  He gave me a kiss, smiled and said “I love you mommy.”  My heart melted while I said goodbye to him – at least he did not shed a tear. 

Happy first day of school, my Ty Ty.

1 comment:

  1. Awww, I love this post! Sweet precious little Ty Ty. I am so glad we got to see y'all last weekend! Let's get together again very soon! :)

    ReplyDelete