hug!

hug!

Sunday, December 9, 2012

Santa Claus is Coming to Town

Santa final
Catelin, Ty, and MJ with Santa!
 
Like many other mothers around Atlanta, I booked our trip to see Santa at Phipps months ago.  Every year I worry about how it is going to turn out since I use this picture for our Christmas card.  Last year, it didn’t go so well:

Santa final

Yep, Ty was boo-hooing the ENTIRE time.  I felt so bad for him, but I just had to get the Santa picture!  I look back at it and laugh every time - I know he will one day too. 

We made a beeline over to Phipps after school last Tuesday to make our 12:30 appointment.  They were as efficient as always and were actually ready for us before our scheduled time…I had to let a few families go in front of us while we waited for Steve.

IMG_2762IMG_2763

IMG_2765

When he arrived, we put Catelin and Ty on Santa’s lap.  Baby girl was just fine- as cozy as could be in the crook of his arm.  Ty, however, was not too sure about the jolly old man and I could see the tears start to well up.  Thankfully, big brother was there to save the day.  MJ grabbed Ty’s hand and said, “It’s ok, brother.  He’s Santa and we love him!”  That was enough to prevent Ty from crying- although he still looks a little worried in this picture:

IMG_2776

MJ also got his turn to sit on Santa’s lap and they read his Christmas list together.

IMG_2777IMG_2778

And here is the final picture again- can you believe all three of them looked at the camera?!?!  Score!

Santa final

After the photo shoot, we went out to lunch and then to the tree farm to pick out our Christmas tree.  It is a beautiful one.

Christmas tree

And I just love seeing all of the stockings on our mantle this year – it reminds me of how very blessed we are…

Stockings

Oh, and one more thing, Simie (our elf on the shelf) is back!  He arrived the Sunday after Thanksgiving.

IMG_1005

No comments:

Post a Comment