hug!

hug!

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Thanksgiving

Kids table
My little turkeys
 
 
Our Thanksgiving week did not start off well.  Even though MJ was feeling a little puny on Saturday morning, he insisted on going to the GT game with us.  He had a great time until half way through the second quarter, when he fell asleep… Yes, in the middle of a fairly loud crowd.  The poor kid really didn’t feel well.  Ty, on the other hand, had a blast dressed up as Buzz.
 
IMG_0975IMG_0974
 
We got home and MJ’s fever started to climb.  The highest it got was 104.2 on Sunday (even after Tylenol and ibuprofen).  I am not going to lie, it scared me to death.  He was coughing up a storm and refused to go anywhere near cold water…so, Steve and I resorted to putting cold damp washcloths all over him.  We broke our number one rule (no kids sleeping in our bed) because I wanted/needed to monitor him every 15-30 minutes until the fever came down.  Thankfully, it went down to 102.8 around 2:00 in the morning. 
 
Needless to say, we hauled ourselves over to the pediatrician’s office on Monday where MJ was diagnosed with pneumonia.  He was quickly started on an inhaler and antibiotics.  The next day, all three kids woke up with PINK EYE!  Poor Catelin had it the worst (oh yeah, and her first tooth broke through a few days earlier).  It was the perfect storm.
 
After a couple of days on their medications, everyone started feeling better so we left our quarantine and went to the aquarium with my mom.  We had a wonderful time!  Here are some pictures:
 
IMG_0996
The dolphin show!
 
IMG_0999IMG_0982
 
IMG_0979IMG_0992
 
IMG_0993
 
 
I was ready to get out of the house for a little while on Thanksgiving morning, so I ran the Atlanta half marathon.  I just love that race and try to run it any Thanksgiving I am not pregnant!  I had a blast and got home just in time to “help” Steve with the turkey.  Ok, I’ll be honest, I didn’t help with a thing in terms of food…but I did set the table and watch the kids!  :) 
 
Everyone came over early afternoon- my parents, Eddie, Steve’s parents, Mike and Lee.  We had a wonderful time catching up (and of course eating)!  The kids ran themselves ragged.
 
Table set up
 
IMG_2742Steve turkey
 
Eddie and CL 1
 
 
 
 
 
 
ty apronMJ apron
 
table 2Grown up table 1
 
Ty asleep
 
MJ is feeling MUCH better (thanks to all of you who had him in your prayers).  It was a wonderful Thanksgiving and we have a lot to be thankful for.  Now we are busy getting ready for Christmas!
 
 

1 comment:

  1. OMG! Look how JUICY Catelin is! Was that breast milk or half and half? And what's this business about getting out of the house so you "just ran a half marathon?" Seriously, Jules? This is not even fair. Ha ha ha. . . .

    ReplyDelete