hug!

hug!

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Catelin at 10 Months

As usual I am about two weeks late…but here is what my baby girl is up to these days…

IMG_1425


Eating:

The girl loves to eat.  Like her brothers, she loves the Waffle House – particularly the waffles and raisin toast.  I am sure she will love the eggs once she is allowed to have them (she can only have the yoke for now).  Her favorite snack by far is Nilla Wafers; she would eat the whole box if I let her!  She likes green beans, sweet potatoes, carrots, and pretty much all fruit except strawberries.  She is down to 3-4 bottles per day and I can’t wait to switch her from formula to milk!

IMG_1443


Sleeping:

Catelin loves to get her beauty sleep.  She still sleeps 12 hours at night and takes two 1.5-2 hour naps during the day (the first one is usually in the car seat due to the boys’ activities, but I try to get her in the crib if possible).  Her new favorite sleep position is on her right side (she used to only like being on her back). 


Favorite toys:

She lost interest in the jumperoo a couple of months ago but she has a renewed interest in it now (and the girl can jump!).  She loves her play table and is getting used to her walker. 

IMG_3316IMG_3328

And like most babies this age, she likes things that are NOT toys – car keys, necklaces, cell phones, books, remotes.  In fact, I recently bought a bunch of cheap necklaces because she is obsessed with grabbing them! …definitely a future fashionista.  CL also loves being outside and playing on the swingset with her brothers. 

IMG_1414IMG_1441



Babbles and Skills:

She has been saying “mama” for a few weeks now.  Sometimes it seems like a babble but I swear she says it when she wants me to hold her as well.  Other babbles include “baba” and “dada.”  Her favorite games are peek-a-boo, pat-a-cake, and “SO BIG!”  Whenever we say “good job” or “yay” she breaks into a huge smile and claps for herself.  It is too cute. 

IMG_1442IMG_1438

She is pulling up on tables and standing very well (while holding onto something).  She is still doing her scoot/crawl backwards but hasn’t gotten the forward motion down yet (and she is still not a big fan of being on her belly).  I think it is in part because her belly and huge legs get in the way! 


Personality:

She is such a sweet baby.  She absolutely loves her brothers (probably because they spoil her and tend to her every need).

IMG_3332

If she is teething, hungry, or tired- trust me, you will know.  She is starting to get over some of her stranger anxiety but still prefers to be held by familiar people (especially her mommy). 

And the hair, well, it’s still crazy:

IMG_1432
I swear this was a one time thing! 
 
 
I will leave you with a short video I took of a typical Monday morning conversation with my three kids (I tried to repeat what they were saying so you could hear it):


Happy 10 months, my precious baby girl.

2 comments: